So I’ve decided to start a blog for all my beauty, product, fashion, food and general life musings so I can stop clogging up social media quite so much. I’ve also always been a sucker for typing on an actual keyboard rather than the fiddly touch screen of my phone – I suspect this significantly lowers my coolness from the off.
I suspect I should tell you a little bit about myself to get things going, here it goes:
- My name is Heba (pronounced HEH-BAH not Heeba, Heyba or Hibba) I’m a recent graduate in my early twenties trying to navigate through the trials and tribulations of being a professional grownup type (lol NAAAAT).
- Lover of all things dark and mysterious (aka I’m a bit of a goth).
- I adore animals with a ferociousness that I don’t think I’ve ever expressed towards a human before.
- I’m a true foodie – I love to experiment with food and meat/gluten/dairy alternatives in particular.
- As a bit of a beauty product horder you can expect to find some honest and unbiased reviews.
- I identify as a feminist, body positive, mental health advocating opinion powerhouse who strives for equality for the LGBTQ community, genders & races. I’ll try to reign this in as much as possible but I can make no promises.
- I have a tendency to be a little bit of a misanthropist and can have the odd “I hate the world” moment – try not to be too put off
- I’m very aesthetically switched on, I love everything sartorial and my eyes are usually the most engaged of my senses. I will be writing on trends and do the occasional OOTD post but most of my fashion writing can be found here and here.
I’m totally open to discussions on here so don’t be shy and give me some chit chat once in a while.